Jewish Australia’s Radio App allows Worldwide Access and Communication with the Community, using the power of Technology
There are some major changes at the Jewish Australia Radio station in Melbourne. Vice President Robert Bontschek, who is the Station manager has been coordinating the move to the new premises in Chadstone, the new website and the build of the new Mobile App for the radio station.
The way we consume information has changed drastically in the last couple of years, we have our mobile’s with us nearly 24/7 and for most it is now the first screen we wake up to and the last screen we see before bed.
Mobile technology has advanced rapidly and now with the help of the J-Air Mobile App, everyone with a smart phone can access not only live radio but also a lot of other features, such as:
- Access all the past shows
- A messaging system, that allows Push notifications to be sent directly to people’s phone’s, informing them of breaking news or other relevant information.
- The App also uses the device’s GPS, and when you enter a specific area, you will get information delivered to your phone, weather it’s a historical icon, a supporting business with a great deal for the community, or general information about the area.
- See when their favorite programs are on
- Access real time news
- See which businesses are around you that support the community
- Interact with the community
- See the latest image’s uploaded by the station and the community
- Watch Video’s
- Interact with the Facebook page
- Access the website and the members only area
- Claim loyalty rewards from participating business
- Buy membership to the station
- And a whole lot more to come…
It’s great to have all these features but let’s talk about the benefits:
- The messaging system built into the app allows the community to always be connected and up to date with the latest news.
- The live radio can be accessed from anywhere in the world, not just our 8km broadcasting range.
- The Local community can add their business to the app, to encourage the community to engage with them.
- The Latest news is always at your fingertips (Much better than cat photo’s on Facebook).
- You never have to miss your favorite show, as you can access it from anywhere, and if you do, you can listen to it when you want to.
- You can interact directly with your community via the app.
Robert’s vision is to have a very connected community, and he now has built the tool to allow that vision to come to reality. Support J-Air by downloading the Mobile App from the Apple Store or Google Play store by typing in the keyword “J-Air”. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you contribute to our community.